Dr. Jamal Zahalka MK is leader of the National Democratic Assembly (NDA) (known as Tajammua` in Arabic, Balad in Hebrew) a democratic progressive national party of Palestinians in the Israeli Knesset. The NDA opposes the idea of Israel as a solely Jewish state, and stands for the creation of a binational state in Israel after it’s founder, Azmi Bishara, coined the phrase “a state of all its citizens.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Dr. Zahalka talk about life as a member of the Knesset (one of only 3 NDA MKs) & the NDA’s vision for the future, including:
- Supporting the full withdrawal from the territories occupied in 1967 and establishing an independent Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza with East Jerusalem as its capital.
- Implementing UN resolution 194 (the right of return to Palestinian refugees).
- Supporting the repeal of recognition of the Zionist institutions of the State of Israel.
- Demanding recognition of Israeli Arabs as a national minority.
- Advocating the separation of religion and state in Israel.
- Challenging sectarianism and working towards full equality between men and women.
- Promoting equality, social justice and a fair distribution of wealth among various social classes.
Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS.
7pm, Friday 16th May 2014
For more information contact Linda on 07985 624968