Next Fundraising Event Sunday 14th May – Another 7 Miles
Many of you joined us on our wonderful sponsored walk in May 2015 when we raised an amazing £4,000 for women’s education in Gaza. Well, we’re doing it again this year. Why not join us on our 8.5 mile sponsored walk on Sunday May 14th. Full details are given in the attached Walk Information Sheet, which has a sponsorship form on the reverse. In brief:
- The walk starts at 11am from Marsden railway station, HD7 6DH, assemble by 10.45am .
- The walk ends at the Methodist Church Hall, Uppermill, OL3 6AX around between 5pm (depending on the pace of the walk). There will be tea, coffee and homemade cakes. Please join us even if you are unable to make the walk. The entrance to the hall is on Church Road.
- Transport – the train from Manchester (at 10.13am) and Greenfield (at 10.37am) arrives at Marsden at 10.45am. The train from Huddersfield (10.16am) arrives at Marsden at 10.28am. Train times are currently correct but please check before travelling. If travelling by car, there is a free National Trust car park near Marsden station – drive up the narrow cobbled road to the right of the station.
The end of the walk is around 1.6km (1 mile) away from Greenfield Station – lifts will be available to help people return to either Greenfield or Marsden station. You can join the walk approximately 3.5 miles from the end if you are unable to walk the full distance.
You can help us raise funds by:
- joining the walk and asking family and friends to sponsor you or give a donation (see form below);
- sponsoring me to do the walk (if you are not able to join us);
- taking out a monthly Standing Order for £5, £10 or another amount (see form below).
I’ll provide more information about how to pay over your sponsorship money/donations nearer the time.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the Scholarship Fund and the groups in Sheffield, Bolton and Saddleworth are aiming to reach (and exceed) a target of £100,000 collected for women’s education in Gaza over the 10 year period. Please support the walk and help us reach the goal.
If you need more information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secretary, Saddleworth PWSF