In 2017 Manchester PSC are running a series of 6 bi-monthly educational talks presented by covering the rise of Zionism and the Palestinian Resistance starting on 19th January. All 6 talks will be held at Friends Meeting House ( 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS (behind the Central Library)).
The programme starts with a presentation by Kathy Brooks on the rise of Zionism.
Session Description: The specially commissioned film, ‘Episodes of Trauma in Gaza and the West Bank’, is the starting point from which Kathy invites us to consider the rise of Zionism. We will discover how this political philosophy, aided by successive world powers, led to the 1948 creation of the State of Israel, the dispossession of the Palestinian people, and the ongoing Nakba (Catastrophe) that we see today.
Kathy Brooks is a member of Northern Women for Palestine, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, and is secretary of the Saddleworth Palestine Women’s Scholarship Fund. In 2013 she went on a fact-finding trip to Palestine which changed her life.
- 16th Mar. 2017: The History of Israel & Palestine 1948 – the Present Day: Young Palestinians’ Perspectives (Presenter: Michael Lavalette)
- 18th May 2017: How Christian Zionism Helped Create & Maintain The State Of Israel (Presenters: Patrick & Deborah Darnes)
- 20th July 2017: A History Of Palestinian Resistance (Presenter: Musheir El-Farra)
- 21st Sept. 2017: Zionism & Judaism (Presenters: Linda Clair & Catherine Newall)
- 16th Nov. 2017: Israel and International Law: Serial Violations (Presenter: Ben White)