This year Big Ride is a three day ride from Liverpool to Sheffield via Manchester and Bradford. It is raising money for sports equipment for the rehabilitation of children in Gaza.
Fri 4 AUG LIVERPOOL > MANCHESTER
Sat 5 AUG MANCHESTER > BRADFORD
Sun 6 AUG BRADFORD > SHEFFIELD
You can ride all or part of the way with prices ranging from £30 up to £75.
RIDE FOR JUSTICE FOR THE PALESTINIANS
PROTEST AGAINST THE SIEGE OF GAZA
WHY WE ARE RIDING
- The Big Ride is raising money for sports equipment used in the rehabilitation of traumatized children in Gaza.
- The Big Ride will mark the third anniversary of Israel’s bombardment of Gaza in 2014, which killed 2,205 Palestinians including 547 children.
- The Big Ride 2017 will also be marking the 50th anniversary of Israel’s military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967.
THE BIG RIDE IN 2015 & 2016
- The Big Ride was initiated in 2015 by supporters of the Palestinian people, combining a love of cycling with practical solidarity and awareness raising.
- In 2015 we rode from Edinburgh to London. In 2016 four rides converged on Shenstone near Birmingham, where engines for the drones used to attack Gaza in 2014 are manufactured.
- The Big Ride has raised almost £100,000 for the Middle East Children’s Alliance projects in Gaza.
“With every mile you ride, you are protesting against almost 70 years of Israeli ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. You are sending a message to the Palestinian people in general and to the people of Gaza in particular that they are not abandoned”. Dr Mona El-Farra Gaza Vice President of the Red Crescent Society
The Big Ride is opposed to all forms of racism including anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.Details
4th Aug 2017 - 6th Aug 2017 All Day Event